Learning Set-Up for the Flipper
This article refers to our Flipper Big Button Remote Control
Instructions (from Flipper manual)
Flipper can “learn” (copy) the infra-red signals from your existing remote control. When using the Learning Set-Up each button is programmed separately.
For all instructions below; when programming your TV, use the TV button; when programming your STB, use the STB button
- Place both Flipper and your device remote on a table with the tops facing one another and the bulbs in alignment (Flipper's infra-red bulb is the right side bulb)
- On the Flipper, press and hold TV (or STB) and ON/OFF until the light starts to flash
- Release the buttons
- Press and release the key on Flipper that you want to copy (for example, Volume Up), the Flipper light will turn solid
- Press and hold the same key from your existing device remote until the light on the Flipper starts flashing. Once flashing, the learning process for that key is done
- Keep repeating step 1-5 until all of the buttons are programmed
- Press TV or STB to exit
- Check the buttons to see if they learned to correct signal. If not, repeat the process as needed until all buttons learn the desired function. It may take a few tries to learn all signals.