How to switch between controlling your TV or STB - Flipper
This article refers to our Flipper Big Button Remote Control
After the Flipper is programmed it is quite straightforward to switch between controlling your TV only, the STB only, or both devices. When the Flipper is set to control a specific device it may appear as though the other device isn't programmed, as no buttons will operate those functions.
Switching between devices can be useful when troubleshooting, by controlling each device individually you can ascertain which buttons are programmed correctly, and for what devices.
Operating your TV only
- Press the TV button on the Flipper briefly - the light should blink once
- All buttons on the Flipper should now control the TV
Operating your STB only
- Press the STB button on the Flipper briefly - the light should blink once
- All buttons on the Flipper should now control the STB
Dual-mode - Operating both devices at once
- Press the ADD button on the Flipper briefly - the light should blink once
- The buttons on the Flipper will operate as follows;
|On/Off|| Both devices by default
Can be changed to TV only
| Volume up/down
Things to note / troubleshooting
- Sometimes after programming a device the Flipper may still be set to control the other device. When testing the device after programming this can sometimes appear as though the device hasn't been programmed. We recommend briefly pressing the TV or STB button before testing the remote control, this will ensure that the Flipper is set to the correct device.
- Remember that both TVs and STBs have volume control, when testing the Flipper on a TV/STB the volume may appear to operate both devices.
- To see dual-mode on/off options, see page 8 of the instruction manual, sub-section titled On/off Options