Flipper - Sky Q Set-Up
This article refers to our Flipper Big Button Remote Control
UPDATE May 2017: There is now a programming code for the latest version of the Flipper Remote Control. Please use code 3803. More information can be found by reading our Latest Product Code page.
Please only use this programming guide if the code above does not work for your Sky box.
This guide explains how to program the Flipper remote control with a Sky Q set-top box (called STB for the remainder of the article).
We will not go into programming steps in-depth here as these can be found in the Flipper instruction manual, instead, this guide mainly focuses on how the programming process is different for Sky Q users.
Programming your TV
Please follow the instructions in the Flipper manual for setting up your TV before moving onto programming the Sky Q STB.
Programming your Sky Q STB
Summary of differences
The key differences between programming a normal STB and the Sky Q STB are as follows;
- Initial programming - The Sky Q box can only be programmed using the Learning Set-Up method
- Saving favourites - Before attempting to program favourites the 0-9 buttons must also be individually programmed using the Learning Method
Programming the Flipper - Step by Step Instructions
- Follow the instructions for programming the Flipper for Learning Set-Up ( instructions, page 12) with your Sky Q remote control. Remember to replace "TV" for "STB" when following the instructions, for example, you should press and hold STB + On/Off until you get a solid light
- You will need to program the following buttons using the method above; Channel Up, Channel Down, On/Off (you probably won't need to program volume/mute as this is controlled by your TV)
- Test the buttons - To make sure they have been programmed correctly
- Press & release the ADD button - This enters dual-mode where the Flipper now controls your TV + Sky box
- Test all buttons on the Flipper - The Flipper should now control your TV volume/mute, and your Sky Q channels. The on/off button should operate both devices
2) Programming a Favourite Channel List for Sky Q
Before programming a favourites channel list you must repeat the Learning Set-Up programming for the 1-0 buttons that are located inside the Flipper remote control. The reason for this is these are the buttons that are used by the Flipper when programming favourite channels.
Please see an example below of the Learning Set-Up for the number 1 button on the Flipper remote control. We are only providing shortcut instructions below, for full instructions on the Learning Set-Up please refer to page 12 of the instructions.
- On the Flipper press & hold the STB + On / Off buttons
- Press & release the "1" button on the Flipper, located inside the programming compartment
- Press & hold the "1" button on your Sky Q remote control
- Once successfully programmed repeat for numbers 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0
- Follow the instructions for programming a favourite channel list located on page 7 of the Flipper instructions